Originally published: 2020-03-08 23:17:08
The Swindle Starts Here
The 4 maps below are regularly posted by opponents of Israel in an effort to expose the false theory of Israeli expansionism and colonisation of lands supposedly previously inhabited by their original owners, the ‘indigenous’ Palestinians.
The maps are pictorially fake news, intended to support revisionist history, and can easily be debunked…
Factual Statistics and Legal Documents Behind the Truth
Those posting this meme to support their perfidious claims are so entrenched in bigotry that their bias is only paralleled by their ignorance, lack of integrity, and rabid animosity towards the only Jewish State in the world.
The date of ‘since 1947‘ really hoists the revisionists by their own petard as in 1947 there was not (never was nor has been) a nation state as Palestine nor any race, religion, people nor culture that could connect with those who today, remarkably identify themselves as indigenous Palestinians.
Arabs were offended by those calling them Palestinians and now they claim this collective, as if from time immemorial they had been created as such.
The modern Palestinians so aligned to the Nazis as per their current Charters (1964, 1968, and 1988) really did educate themselves about Nazi propaganda – tell lies often enough and the lies morph into truth readily believed by cowards, bigots and imbeciles.
The area highlighted in green was the geographical name for the area under British mandate and under binding international law designated to be part of the State of Israel.
In the USA, a similar area might be known as the Mid-West as an example of a named geographical area other than a country or a Nation.
No Palestinians owned any land highlighted in green before or as at 1947.
As the Peel Commission established exactly ten years earlier in 1937 when Sir Laurie Hammond forced the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem to admit, all land that was owned had been purchased from Arabs (not Palestinians) and more such land was subject to contract for future sale (read more about both the Peel Commission and the Grand Mufti in Peter’s post Shall the Truth Be Damned?).
Other areas of non owned wasteland were previously under the administration of the Ottoman Empire up until 1917 when the Allied victors in WWI took control and removed the Ottomans as the colonial power.
Given there was no Palestinian efforts to ever claim land from the Ottomans, nor from the new incumbents the French and British, historical evidence verifies and confirms that the Palestinians were a non-existent people certainly as at 1917 and for the 3 decades thereafter.
The creation of Israel in 1948 was after the surrounding Arab nations attacked the Indigenous Jewish population and Jewish immigrants from the Holocaust and were defeated.
The legalities are relatively easy to explain and are enshrined in global political and legally binding Treaties conceived during the Great War, WWI, and executed in the post war years of 1919-1923.
Such claims also embraced the national rights of other ethnic groups such as the Kurds, Assyrians and Armenians.
Other Legal Documents Still Enshrined in International Law
The totality of the geographical area known as Palestine on both sides of the Jordan was reserved exclusively for Jews as their home within an independent state.
The Mandate System was governed by Article 22 of the Covenant of the League of Nations contained in the Treaty of Versailles.
Three other legally binding documents…
- the San Remo Treaty 1920
- Franco British Boundary Convention 1920
- the League of Nations confirmation of the Mandate for Palestine 1922
established the proceedings.
Further legal endorsing documentation was the Anglo American Convention of 1924.
As stated above the legal boundaries of the Jewish State of Israel are enforced under binding international law in the Franco – British Boundary Convention dated December 23 1920 and includes, not only Judea and Samaria (the West Bank) and the Golan and Gaza.
This is binding, still enshrined in international law, and therefore the propaganda that the current State of Israel is occupying ‘Palestinian ‘ territory is a lie, a falsehood, fake news, and the biggest confidence trick perpetrated by Israel’s enemies as well as those not intellectually competent to understand the legal position.
If further legal endorsement or ratification were needed to verify Israel’s legal rights to expanded borders it is within the international legally binding principles of Acquired Rights and Estoppel in existence at the time of the Mandate and since codified within Article 70 of the 1969 Vienna Convention…
The League of Nations originated Israel’s legality and borders and the UN in Article 80 confirmed and endorsed those rights when the UN took over from the League of Nations…
The principle of Acquired Rights simply means that legal rights acquired under a treaty cannot be terminated by any subsequent treaties.
The rights remain in force.
Estoppel is the reverse of the international legally binding principle of Acquired Rights, which prohibits any state reneging on or denying to a beneficiary the rights it had previously granted.
To this day, Israel’s legal borders are thus –
“In Palestine as of Right and Not on Sufferance …”
“When it is asked what is meant by the development of the Jewish National Home in Palestine, it may be answered that it is not the imposition of a Jewish nationality upon the inhabitants of Palestine as a whole, but the further development of the existing Jewish community, with the assistance of Jews in other parts of the world, in order that it may become a centre in which the Jewish people as a whole may take, on grounds of religion and race, an interest and a pride. But in order that this community should have the best prospect of free development and provide a full opportunity for the Jewish people to display its capacities, it is essential that it should know that it is in Palestine as of right and not on sufferance.”Winston Churchill, British Secretary of State for the Colonies – June 1922
The Last Word…
It is incumbent on every morally decent person to ensure Israel has legal claim over a much wider area than her current borders and the Palestinian Rights – if any – are secondary.
What Are Your Thoughts?
Feel free to leave a respectful comment below, You can view our comments policy at the bottom of the right column (for longer posts, you may need to scroll up to view our comments policy).
More Posts by Peter A. Baum
- The Palestinian Victim Card is Not Only Old, It Is Islamophobic
- How The MSM Ideological Propaganda of Fake News Is Killing Innocent Lives
- Revisionist History and Antisemitism
- Is The Claim For A Palestinian State A Political Confidence Trick?
- Dear Palestine, Shall the Truth Be Damned?
- Jeremy Corbyn Takes No Action As 82-Year-Old Jewish Grandmother Heckled
- In Spite of President Higgins, the Hope of Ireland Is In Its Grassroots Campaign
- Easter / Passover Quiz on the Middle East and Israel
- Instead of Waking Up the Left, Innocent Deaths Finds Them Choosing To Dig In Their Heels
- Why Is There No Greater Myth Than That of Being Palestinian? Part 2 of 3
- Coronavirus, Meet Corbynovirus – You Both Have More In Common Than You Think
- Ignoring the Wisdom and Character of Their Father, the BBC Leadership Is Held by Fools for Sons
- Conviction Is Keeping BBC from Publicly Sharing An Internal Investigation
- Evidence – Empirical or Otherwise – for Palestinians is Where Again?
- How BLM, Palestinians, and Liberals Are Empowering and Protecting Slavery
- The Pro-Palestinian Myth
- Where Are The Documented Legal Rights, Title, & Sovereignty of the So Called Palestinians?
- The Palestinian Charters
- Tangled Weaved Webs – Why Are Palestinians and Their Supporters Mocking the Qur’an?
- Why Is There No Greater Myth Than That of Being Palestinian? Part 1 of 3
- Irish Republicanism + Labour under Corbyn + pro-Palestinianism = Rabid antiSemitism
- How Liberals Have Turned Racism Into a Business Globally
- Ireland Is Not A Christian Nation While Embracing Antisemitism
- Biased and Incompetent Reporting – Terrorism via Censorship
- Exposing The Palestinian Myth
- Why Is There No Greater Myth Than That of Being Palestinian? Part 3 of 3
- Are You Being Swindled by the Biggest Confidence Trick Perpetrated by Israel’s Enemies?
- Brainy But Cowardly (BBC) Misses the Boat Again — Then Again, Don’t They Always?
- Where Is This Anthropological Miracle of the so called Palestinians?
- Straight from the Qur’an – Islam Must Honor Israel
- BLATANT DISREGARD: Mainstream Media Ignores Atrocities Occurring in Africa
- Deflection – The Weapon of Choice for Israel’s Opposition
- Why Would Anyone Boycott Blessings and Embrace Harm?
- The Quran Says of Israel, “We favored them above all the nations” – So Where Is That Favor Today?
- BDS – A Racist Empty Vessel, Making A Lot Of Noise, With A Failing Policy
- Can Mother Nature Hurt Iran More Than Conflict?
- United in Jew Hatred