Originally posted 2018-08-30 13:19:47.
Establishing The Facts
Exposing the facts should assist in your assessment.
If I may précis, the narrative continuously expressed over the last 50 years goes something along the following lines.
Since Israel’s independence 700.000 Palestinians were forcibly removed from their homes which they had inhabited since time immemorial.
The Palestinian refugees now number some 7 million and there is overwhelming International demand for an independent Palestinian State.
By the way, it would break all human reproductive records if indeed the population of indigenous Palestinians multiplied by a power of ten in 70 years!!!
The population of New York would be 95 million if New Yorkers reproduced at the rate of Palestinians!!!
That’s the narrative which is generally accepted by millions globally but let’s segregate the myths and this readership agrees with or is at least sympathetic to this essay, please, please let’s circulate widely.
Testing Palestinian Claims – Wars
The fraudulent claims of the Palestinian base case can easily be exposed by asking 2 very simple questions to those supporting the Palestinian cause.
I often ask this in debates and NEVER receive an answer.
These questions should be asked by all of Israel’s supporters to all of Israel’s opponents.
If the ‘ Palestinians ‘ are indigenous to the area, then what wars or battles were waged by Palestinians against various historical invaders from 3000 BC to 1948.
If such battles or wars occurred, who were the Palestinian leaders during these skirmishes?
During all my years of debating and pro Israel activism, I have never – I repeat never – received an answer to these very simple questions.
And just stop and think about it for a moment given the numerous invasions from various foreign armies – Greeks, Romans , Babylonians, Umayyads, Mamelukes, Mongols, Kurds, Crusaders, Byzantines and Ottomans.
Where was the Palestinian challenge?
From my research it never existed but let my ( our ) opponents prove me wrong.
And let’s be sensible about this as many opponents attempt to discredit me by naming various Arab families who lived around the area though to my research never identifying themselves as Palestinians.
The family name will in each case identify the area from which they originally came and I assure you such families would have certainly come from surrounding countries.
Testing Palestinian Claims – Religious
Now if there is no historical claim to a Palestinian State is there a Religious claim?
Again the narrative now is that Islam is attached to Jerusalem.
This also can be easily disproved, although another unpleasant aspect to a Palestinian State is why should a Palestine be Islamic – why not multi religious or cultural?
Let’s leave this 2nd aspect aside and concentrate on the mythical , Islamic, religious claims.
NEITHER JERUSALEM NOR PALESTINE are ever mentioned in the Qu’ran BUT in many Suras the Promised Land is bequeathed to the Jews / Children of Israel (17.104 and 5.20/21).
Any Muslim defying this is in actuality mocking the Qu’ran.
Again when I use this in debate, Israel’s opponents have no answer and I assure you without wishing to bore you I have other Qu’ranic Suras to further validate the Jewish claims to Jerusalem.
The claim that the ascension to heaven by Mohammed from the Furthest Mosque (supposedly the Al Aqsa Mosque) is historical myth as this Mosque was not constructed until 715 and Mohammed died in 636 AD!!
Testing Palestinian Claims – Legal
Now we can further debunk the Palestinian legal claims.
The facts are very simple in that the
- Franco-British Boundary Convention San Remo Resolution
- Treaty of Sevres of 1920
- League of Nations Mandate 1922,
- Treaty of Lausanne 1923
- U.N. Charter 1945 Article 80, and lastly
- Court of Versailles 2013
ALL validate that Israel’s legal borders should also include the West Bank.
Moreover the International Legal Principles of Estoppel and Acquired Rights further support such expanded boundaries.
So in a few paragraphs we have debunked the Historical, Religious and Legal claims to an independent Palestinian State to include the West Bank or Judea and Samaria.
And given the turmoil within Islamic Nations, Yemen, Syria , Libya, Afghanistan, etc. does the world really want another Islamic country at the U.N. – a country that still maintains a manifesto of destroying Israel and exterminating Jews?!!
As Joseph Farah , the Arab history author scribed in ‘Myths of the Middle East’…
There has never been a land known as Palestine governed by Palestinians. Palestinians are Arabs, indistinguishable from Jordanians ( another recent invention), Syrians, Iraqis, etc. Keep in mind that the Arabs contribute 99.9 per cent of Middle East lands. Israel represents one tenth of one per cent of the landmass. But that’s too much for the Arabs. They want it all. And that is ultimately what the fighting in Israel is about today. No matter how many land concessions the Israelis make, it will never be enough.
More Posts by This Writer
- Irish Republicanism + Labour under Corbyn + pro-Palestinianism = Rabid antiSemitism
- Evidence – Empirical or Otherwise – for Palestinians is Where Again?
- Why Would Anyone Boycott Blessings and Embrace Harm?
- Deflection – The Weapon of Choice for Israel’s Opposition
- Why Is There No Greater Myth Than That of Being Palestinian? Part 2 of 3
- Where Is This Anthropological Miracle of the so called Palestinians?
- Biased and Incompetent Reporting – Terrorism via Censorship
- Where Are The Documented Legal Rights, Title, & Sovereignty of the So Called Palestinians?
- The Palestinian Charters
- Tangled Weaved Webs
- Revisionist History and Antisemitism
- Is The Claim For A Palestinian State A Political Confidence Trick?
- Easter / Passover Quiz on the Middle East and Israel
- Ignoring the Wisdom and Character of Their Father, the BBC Leadership Is Held by Fools for Sons
- Instead of Waking Up the Left, Innocent Deaths Finds Them Choosing To Dig In Their Heels
- Can Mother Nature Hurt Iran More Than Conflict?
- The Quran Says of Israel, “We favored them above all the nations” – So Where Is That Favor Today?
- Brainy But Cowardly (BBC) Misses the Boat Again — Then Again, Don’t They Always?
- Why Is There No Greater Myth Than That of Being Palestinian? Part 1 of 3
- In Spite of President Higgins, the Hope of Ireland Is In Its Grassroots Campaign
- Conviction Is Keeping BBC from Publicly Sharing An Internal Investigation
- Jeremy Corbyn Takes No Action As 82-Year-Old Jewish Grandmother Heckled
- BDS – A Racist Empty Vessel, Making A Lot Of Noise, With A Failing Policy
- Ireland Is Not A Christian Nation While Embracing Antisemitism
- Why Is There No Greater Myth Than That of Being Palestinian? Part 3 of 3
- Exposing The Palestinian Myth
- Straight from the Qur’an – Islam Must Honor Israel