Originally published: 2018-12-14 00:17:57
Despite their best efforts to deflect, BDS is holding in their hands nothing but an empty bag full of emotions.
If this were a comedy, their entire strategy would be Much Ado About Nothing – they take pleasure only in their own message as results are lacking…
The attached report from Omar Barghouti initially appears impressive as does most of the policy propaganda vomited in forlorn attempts to damage the only Jewish State in the world.
Much has been written about their ‘successes ‘ which in reality does more harm to Palestinian living standards than any other ‘pro-Palestinian’ organisation.
To anyone as boringly disciplined as myself on this subject, it is abundantly apparent that from a purely economic and financial standpoint, boycotts against Israel are a having a negative impact on those they presume to support.
It is abundantly apparent that those organisations promoting boycotts and sanctions against Israel are not pro Palestinian but certainly anti-Jewish State organisations.
Their public relations seemingly is impressive until one drills down to the detail and the purpose of this post is to debunk the policy and narrative and expose the economic negativity on the Palestinians who are supposed to benefit from such boycotts.
Let’s take each item identified as successes on Omar Barghouti’s list and try to highlight that supposed successes are not what they appear to be,
The most recent line item is the policy decision of Airbnb to delist those properties in areas they deemed to be occupied by settlers.
Alan Baker head of the International Law Program at the Jerusalem Center for International Affairs elegantly elaborates in an interview with Rusiia’s Sputnik News how Airbnb’s policy is economically disastrous for the Palestinians.
This would appear to be a publicity stunt that has gone horribly wrong for the company given the backlash globally especially from the Trump Administration and the legal claims now being pursued by angry objectors. [ Example – archive]
Moreover, it appears that this policy decision was designed to curry favour with other geographical areas of interest where Airbnb may wish to expand given the legal challenges and residential and Council they are facing in their mature markets
The Position of Ilhan Omars and Rashida Tlaib
According to Barghouti, the politician made a statement endorsing the boycott policy to an Online site MuslimGirl.com.
This has not been corroborated and her Jewish supporters will challenge and take away their support if proven.
She has, in fact, gone on record as criticising sanctions against Israel and I quote –
In order for us to have a process to a two-State solution, people have to be willing to come to the table and have a conversation about how this is going to be possible and I think BDS stops the dialogue.
Barghouti is either premature or clutching at straws to name this a major success.
Clearly, she needs to clarify and the way to challenge is obvious given her statement previously.
There is no room for a new member of Congress to be so duplicitous ( if proven ) and contemptuous of her support base within such a short period.
I have checked MuslimGirl.com and unless they have deleted such comments there is nothing I saw on any of the sites relating to Omars where she endorses sanctions against Israel.
I believe the challenge to this lady should emanate from her constituents requesting her to make a statement on her country of origin, Somalia.
Since 1991 to present, it is estimated that between 360,000 and one million deaths have occurred as a result of conflict and famine as a direct consequence.
A similar number of civilians have been displaced and the number of injuries is unknown.
Islamists are slaughtering indigenous black Africans as well as Muslims who are opposed to the imposition of an Islamic caliphate.
Her silence is compliance and assent.
Now with Rashid Tlaib, BDS can claim success in that this congresswoman for Michigan is rabidly anti-Jewish State and supports the boycott policy.
However, there is a fundamental flaw in her self-promoting curriculum vitae in that she suggests she is of Palestinian origin.
Any student of name origination would immediately recognise that the name Tlaib, a bastardisation of Talib or Taleeb is of Arabic, notably of Saudi origin and the idea that the family is ‘indigenous Palestinians’ is preposterous.
The family probably cannot, or did not, ever call themselves Palestinians as there is no sound for the letter ‘P’ in Arabic.
I implore the Michigan constituents she represents to question her origination as to why she is so embarrassed about her Arabic roots and so proud to call herself from a formerly Roman, now British, named geographical area her family never originated from.
Lies Identified As Facts About Cancellation of Israel / Argentina Soccer Match
According to Omar Barghouti, the match was canceled as a result of international pressure when the facts are very different.
The cancellation was directly related to death threats on the Argentinian players ‘worse than ISIS ‘ quoting directly from the Foreign Minister of Argentina Jorge Faurie.
Lionel Messi, the most high profile Argentinian footballer has since indicated his total support for Israel by his connections with the Israeli soccer club Beitar Jerusalem.
Abu Dhabi’s political and sporting elite allowed Israel to compete in the recent Judo world championships and totally ignored any boycott policy.
The Israeli team not only competed but won two gold medals and the Israeli national anthem was played to loud applause.
Silence and/or inertia from the boycott movement.
Artists and DJ Boycott
It is true that 2 artists, one well known Shakira, the other an unheard of, third-rate Karoake singer from New Zealand, under pressure, cowardly canceled their concerts to Israel.
So what – just review the impressive list of artists that did come by clicking here.
In fact. the ultra-talented Australian musician Nick Cave has come out in total opposition to the BDS movement and its policies as being racist.
In so far as DJ’s for Palestine showing solidarity, with the sanctions against Israel policy the numbers Barghouti quotes in his report of hundreds, is in fact about 15 and all unknown.
The most relevant indication of Israel’s increasing popularity is the official tourism statistics – up 25% in 2017 and the certainty that 2018 will beat that record.
Clearly, sanctions and boycott policy have had no impact on the 3.6 million who came and enjoyed all that Israel has to offer.
A Reported Success Having Nothing To Do with Boycott Policy on Israel
According to the now debased report, the Indian Women’s movement, supposedly representing 10 million-plus Indian women, supported the plight of Ahed Tamimi, the Palestinian teenager who was jailed earlier this year for slapping an Israeli soldier.
On checking the Indian Women’s website, there is a picture of 3 females representing … well 3 Indian females, no more no less.
Reference is also made to the support given by 16 million Indian Agricultural workers for the same cause.
Readers may be aware that the stage-managed production of the girl hitting the soldier made both the girl and her family the laughing stock of the Arab world.
She spent 3 weeks in prison and came out weighing 15 kilos more as she gorged on Israeli hummus and falafels.
Sales of Israeli food products soared.
Moreover, during this same period, hundreds of Palestinians were being slaughtered by Russian, Syrian, and Iranian troops and no media coverage was given to these atrocities as the Tamimi family hogged the global media limelight.
The Arab press mocked and slammed them for their greed, ignorance, and hypocrisy and, eventually, the world press recognised they were a total embarrassment.
Given India’s recent huge arms purchasing from Israel after Modis’s visit, in which he refused to visit the Palestinians, and the more recent purchase of Israeli agricultural technology by the Indian Agricultural and Farmworkers, any boycott policy has been activity an abject failure.
Another space filler is that of claiming credit for historical policies embedded within certain left wing, European, fascist political parties.
Such organisations have been anti-Israel since time immemorial and the policy is not new or expanded to other political parties despite Barghouti’s preposterous claims.
He is assuming credit for anti-Israeli organisations, political parties, Jewish Groups, and individuals that had already adopted an anti-Israel ideology.
In the UK we call that behaviour “clutching at straws”.
The report vainly tries to identify that the policy of boycott and sanctions has been overwhelmingly successful when in fact the absolute truth is that the policy has been a failure and ignored.
Tenuous positives have been exaggerated and claims for other successes have absolutely nothing to do with the policy but were as a direct result of historical antisemitism originating from racist political parties.
The policy of boycott and sanctions has plateaued and is headed on a downward trajectory given Israel’s growing ties with the Gulf States, Africa, and established markets reliant on Israeli technology and ingenuity.
More Posts by Peter Baum
- Biased and Incompetent Reporting – Terrorism via Censorship
- Straight from the Qur’an – Islam Must Honor Israel
- BDS – A Racist Empty Vessel, Making A Lot Of Noise, With A Failing Policy
- Easter / Passover Quiz on the Middle East and Israel
- Evidence – Empirical or Otherwise – for Palestinians is Where Again?
- Ireland Is Not A Christian Nation While Embracing Antisemitism
- Deflection – The Weapon of Choice for Israel’s Opposition
- How BLM, Palestinians, and Liberals Are Empowering and Protecting Slavery
- The Palestinian Victim Card is Not Only Old, It Is Islamophobic
- Coronavirus, Meet Corbynovirus – You Both Have More In Common Than You Think
- Is The Claim For A Palestinian State A Political Confidence Trick?
- The Pro-Palestinian Myth
- In Spite of President Higgins, the Hope of Ireland Is In Its Grassroots Campaign
- Where Is This Anthropological Miracle of the so called Palestinians?
- Why Is There No Greater Myth Than That of Being Palestinian? Part 3 of 3
- Why Would Anyone Boycott Blessings and Embrace Harm?
- United in Jew Hatred
- Dear Palestine, Shall the Truth Be Damned?
- Brainy But Cowardly (BBC) Misses the Boat Again — Then Again, Don’t They Always?
- The Safed, Hadassah, Hebron Massacres: Why They Matter Even Now
- Ignoring the Wisdom and Character of Their Father, the BBC Leadership Is Held by Fools for Sons
- BLATANT DISREGARD: Mainstream Media Ignores Atrocities Occurring in Africa
- Jeremy Corbyn Takes No Action As 82-Year-Old Jewish Grandmother Heckled
- Instead of Waking Up the Left, Innocent Deaths Finds Them Choosing To Dig In Their Heels
- Tangled Weaved Webs – Why Are Palestinians and Their Supporters Mocking the Qur’an?
- How Liberals Have Turned Racism Into a Business Globally
- Where Are The Documented Legal Rights, Title, & Sovereignty of the So Called Palestinians?
- The Palestinian Charters
- Irish Republicanism + Labour under Corbyn + pro-Palestinianism = Rabid antiSemitism
- Revisionist History and Antisemitism
- Conviction Is Keeping BBC from Publicly Sharing An Internal Investigation
- Exposing The Palestinian Myth
- Can Mother Nature Hurt Iran More Than Conflict?
- The Quran Says of Israel, “We favored them above all the nations” – So Where Is That Favor Today?
- Are You Being Swindled by the Biggest Confidence Trick Perpetrated by Israel’s Enemies?
- Why Is There No Greater Myth Than That of Being Palestinian? Part 2 of 3
- How The MSM Ideological Propaganda of Fake News Is Killing Innocent Lives
- Why Is There No Greater Myth Than That of Being Palestinian? Part 1 of 3